Monday, October 27, 2008

A public service announcement brought to you by Salty: Do not recycle!

Cans and bottles? Fine. Guys? No way. Per my last post, I told you that I ran into some guy I used to date while walking to a bar last Thursday. He text me that night asking if we could get together the next night. I said no, I had plans but maybe Sat night. Fast forward to Saturday afternoon...I'm standing in front of my empty fridge at my new apartment trying to figure out how on earth I can make dinner without pots, pans, plates or utensils. It was at that exact moment that I decided someone should take me out to dinner and that someone should probably be that dude I re-met on Thurs. So, I text him asking if he had dinner plans.....No reply. It isn't until 10:30pm after my roommate and I went to get pizza and some friends had come over to pre-party that he calls me. Where am I? Can he come over? Meet me out? Persistent much???

Anyways, for whatever reason I tell him he can come over and accompany us to the bars. Big mistake. As soon as we get to the bar he orders me a drink and we engage in a little chit chat, but as soon as I turn my back to talk to my roommate, two girls walk over and start talking to him. Twenty minutes later they are all still talking and I'm getting annoyed. Fifteen mins later our friends decide to move the party to another bar, and so I leave without saying goodbye or telling him where I am going. At 2am I get a text asking where I went. Clearly he couldn't seal the deal with either chick....

Moral of the story: If you didn't want to date him before, you probably don't want to date him now.

Please don't recycle! xoxoxo Salty

No comments: