Sunday, December 14, 2008

Boo Hunting

Before heading to the Middle East, I decided to take a weekend trip to NYC to spend some quality time with my best friend from forever and her partner in crime: a sassy yet sweet southern Cali girl turned NYC school teacher who first introduced me to the concept of "boo hunting."

Boo hunting is pretty much as it sounds--going out in search of potential man-friends. The difference between a boo hunting night a regular night is effort. On a boo hunting night, you identify the guy you are attracted to and you go talk to him. On a normal night you wait for them to come to you...

Last night my bff, her recently single partner in crime and I decided to do a little lower east side boo hunting and here are the results: Apparently I am super picky because the extent of my find was one guy with whom I shared an unintelligible conversation (he was a South American raised in Paris with a mumbling problem), several cocktails, and eventually an extremely innocent kiss goodbye. Other than that, I didn't see a single guy I wanted to talk to...s0 maybe I need to lower my standards, or maybe I need to stop being so effing superficial.

Another brief update: birthday boy is no more, I'm having coffee first thing with my first love/lust from high school, and then making the rounds to lunch with my ex from college before I jump on plane.....gotta keep things interesting, right? More to come in a couple weeks...

xoxo,
Salty

No comments: